Posted by Patrick on July 13, 2006 at 06:15:20:
In Reply to: 100 questions to pass the time posted by Conundrum on July 12, 2006 at 21:33:19:
1. What is your name?
Patrick M. Hayes
2. How old are you?
3. Are you sure?
Well, that's what my birth certificate says...0
4. What is your earliest memory?
Lying in an incubator and rolling over.
5. What is your favourite alcoholic drink?
I don't drink.
6. What is your favourite vegetable?
7. Do you remember your first day at school?
I remember my first day of First Grade, but not kindergarten or preschool.
8. What is the worst exam result you remember ever getting?
25% on a math test.
9. How tall are you?
Five feet six inches. I'm not converting that to CM.
10. Can you swim?
Yes, but I haven't since I was 12.
11. Who is your favourite movie actress?
12. Who is your favouite sportswoman?
13. Who is your favourite comedienne?
Dunno many comedian types, male or female....
14. Who is your favourite female politician?
15. Who is your favourite female historical figure (been dead for at least 100 years)?
Mary, Queen of Scots
16. Who is your favourite super-heroine?
Wonder Woman, of course.
17. Who is your favourite Bond Girl?
Ms. Galore. I won't say her first name.
18. Can you name a female scientist other than Madame Curie?
Henrietta Swan Leavitt
19. Who is your favourite mythological goddess?
20. Who is your favourite woman of all time?
Mary, the mother of Jesus
21. Do you agree with "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth"?
22. Do you agree with "Life does not forgive weakness"?
No. If it din't, I wouldn't be alive.
23. Do you agree with "It is the enemy who can truly teach us to practice the virtues of compassion and tolerance"?
24. Do you agree with "The state can do what they want to do"?
25. Do you agree with "If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country"?
I agree with betraying neither.
26. Do you agree with "If the path be beautiful, let us not ask where it leads"?
No. If beauty is a path to ugliness, then what is the point?
27. Do you agree with "Crime is a product of social excess"?
I'm not exactly sure what is meant by "social excess."
28. Do you agree with "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"?
Yes. No greater rule for conduct exists.
29. Do you agree with "And mankind is naught but a single nation"?
30. Do you agree with "Bulimia is soooo '87"?
Who the hell said that? No.
31. What is the worst movie you have ever seen?
32. What is the worst TV show you have ever seen?
Tie between American Idol and Fear Factor.
33. What is the worst book you have ever read?
The Scarlet Letter
34. What is the worst song you have ever heard?
Baby Got Back
35. What is the worst sport you know of?
36. Who is the worst movie "star" ever?
Pretty much anyone under the age of 12.
37. Who is the worst comedian/comedienne ever?
38. Who is the worst author ever?
39. Who is the worst musical act ever?
40. Who is the worst sports "star" you have ever seen?
Terrell Owens. Phenomenally overrated and exceedingly self-centered.
41. If you could go back in time to witness an historical event in person, what event would you want to see?
The Battle of Lepanto
42. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?
Ocean City, New Jersey
43. If you could meet anyone in the world, who would you meet?
Pope Benedict XVI
44. If you could become famous for one thing, what would that thing be?
45. If you could buy anything regardless of cost, what would you buy?
A normal body.
46. If you could change any one thing about your country, what would it be?
Wipe out the Republicans and Democrats both and start over from scratch.
47. If you could change any one thing about international politics, what would it be?
The persistent and unreasoning hatred of Israel in the United Nations and other "governmental" bodies.
48. If you could meet any famoous person who is dead, who would it be?
Gaius Julius Caesar the Dictator
49. If you could become dictator of the world, would you?
No. I'd be his webmaster.
50. If you could eat an entire cow at one sitting, would you?
51. Have you ever illegally downloaded music/TV shows/movies from the net?
*pats his eight gigs of music*
52. Have you ever used illegal narcotics (yes, even pot counts if it was illegal at the time)?
No. And checmically speaking, pot is not a narcotic; narcotics are drugs derived from opium
53. Have you ever gotten any points on your driving licence?
Dunno what these "points" are, but I've never had a driver's license.
54. Have you ever stolen anything from a shop?
55. Have you ever bought alcohol or cigarettes while underage?
56. Have you ever bought alcohol or cigarettes for another person who was underage?
57. Have you ever tried to cheat the taxman/social security/other government agency?
58. Have you ever ridden on a train or bus without paying?
Once or twice, but not intentionally (the ticket machine wouldn't take my cash fare but the driver let me on anyway).
59. Have you ever been arrested?
60. Have you ever been charged with a crime ... ?
61. What's the furthest you've ever been from home?
Ocean City, New Jersey
62. Where have you visited that you would like to go back to?
Ocean City, New Jersey. Is there an echo in here?
Is there an echo in here?
63. Where would you like to visit that you haven't yet?
64. Where is your favourite place in the world?
I don't know
65. Where have you visited that you hope never to go to again?
66. Where would you definitely never go to?
67. Where is your least favourite place in the world?
I suppose I don't have one.
68. What is your favourite way to travel?
69. What is your least favourite way to travel?
70. What is the capital of Assyria?
Assyria doesn't exist, hasn't for about 2,500 years, but the capital was Ninevah.
71. What was the last movie you saw?
2001: A Space Odyssey
72. Was it any good?
73. What was the last book you read?
The Skystone, by Jack Whyte
74. Was it any good?
75. What was the last song you listened to?
"Jawbreaker" by Judas Priest
76. Was it any good?
Yes, considering I have it on repeat right now...
77. What was the last computer game you played?
The *original* Hero's Quest from 1989
78. Did you do well?
I've beat it about twenty times
79. What was the last meal you ate?
Meat and potatoes burritos from Taco Tico
80. Was it any good?
81. Do you believe in God?
82. Do you agree with the war in Iraq?
83. Do you believe in aliens?
The jury's still out on that
84. Do you agree with the theory of evolution?
85. Do you believe in reincarnation?
86. Do you agree with the idea of the UN?
Absolutely not. It's a damned stupid thing and needs to be done away with.
87. Do you believe in karma?
Not exactly; I believe what we do in this life has a direct effect on where we go in the next.
88. Do you agree with the theories of man-induced global warming?
Not with all of them. Technically speaking (as a minor in geology) there simply isn't enough evidence, historical or current, to accurately model how the world's climate behaves now, let alone how humans have affected it within only the past 150 years or so. But I do believe that humans have had a generally negative impact on the environment.
89. Do you believe in democracy above all other systems of government?
90. Do you agree with Freddie Mercury when he sings "Fat-bottomed girls you make the rockin' world go round"?
I hate that song. I think I'm the only person who does, too.
91. What is your favourite movie?
92. What is your favourite book?
The Hunt for Red October, by Tom Clancy
93. What is your favourite song?
I Will Survive, by Gloria Gaynor
94. What is your favourite city?
I don't know
95. What is your favourite sport?
96. What is your favourite place in the world?
I don't know
97. Are you glad these questions are almost over?
I guess so.
98. What are you going to do next?
Study for tomorrow's exam
99. Do you anticipate this activity being fun?
Heh, not really.
100. Give us a quote to end on ...
The worm is the spice! The spice is the worm!
Post a Followup