Posted by Nightowl on July 31, 2006 at 22:17:31:
In Reply to: 100 questions to pass the time posted by Conundrum on July 12, 2006 at 21:33:19:
1. What is your name?
2. How old are you?
3. Are you sure?
Yep, according to my birth certificate I was born February, 1968
4. What is your earliest memory?
Playing soccer as a four year old with my 74 year old grandmother.
5. What is your favourite alcoholic drink?
6. What is your favourite vegetable?
7. Do you remember your first day at school?
8. What is the worst exam result you remember ever getting?
a 6 (10 being the best score, 1 the worst score) for Dutch, my native language. While I scored a 9.5 for English and German
9. How tall are you?
10. Can you swim?
11. Who is your favourite movie actress?
12. Who is your favouite sportswoman?
Fanny Blankers-Koen, Athlete won 4x gold at the 1948 Olympics in London
13. Who is your favourite comedienne?
14. Who is your favourite female politician?
15. Who is your favourite female historical figure (been dead for at least 100 years)?
smugling here *g* Hannie Schaft (aka the girl with the red hair), Dutch resistance fighter during WW II, was caught and executed by the nazis a few weeks before V-E day
16. Who is your favourite super-heroine?
17. Who is your favourite Bond Girl?
Daniela Bianchi (Played Tatiana Romanova in From Russia With Love
18. Can you name a female scientist other than Madame Curie?
19. Who is your favourite mythological goddess?
20. Who is your favourite woman of all time?
Queen Elizabeth I
21. Do you agree with "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth"?
No, sometimes it's better to turn the other cheek
22. Do you agree with "Life does not forgive weakness"?
"Life is a piece of ****, when you look at it, life's a laugh and death's a joke it's true."
: 23. Do you agree with "It is the enemy who can truly teach us to practice the virtues of compassion and tolerance"?
24. Do you agree with "The state can do what they want to do"?
25. Do you agree with "If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country"?
26. Do you agree with "If the path be beautiful, let us not ask where it leads"?
No I agree more with Rule of Acquisition #62 "The riskier the road, the higher the profit."
27. Do you agree with "Crime is a product of social excess"?
28. Do you agree with "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"?
29. Do you agree with "And mankind is naught but a single nation"?
30. Do you agree with "Bulimia is soooo '87"?
31. What is the worst movie you have ever seen?
32. What is the worst TV show you have ever seen?
Big brother and any of it's look-a-likes
33. What is the worst book you have ever read?
The unification of the Netherlands. Snoozefest
34. What is the worst song you have ever heard?
You're beautiful by James Blunt, the guy can't sing and the song is ...
35. What is the worst sport you know of?
36. Who is the worst movie "star" ever?
a tie between Chuck Norris and Steven Seagal
37. Who is the worst comedian/comedienne ever?
Roberto Benigni, I donít think he is funny at all
38. Who is the worst author ever?
To many to name
39. Who is the worst musical act ever?
40. Who is the worst sports "star" you have ever seen?
Richard Virenque. He makes me sick, he cheated, he used doping, trafficked doping in the peleton. Confessed that in a court of law and still acts as if he was innocent and someone framed him
41. If you could go back in time to witness an historical event in person, what event would you want to see?
- The end of the siege of Leiden, October 3rd 1574
- Raid on the Medway, June 1667
- Pickettís charge, July 3rd 1863
- Dallas, November 22nd 1963
42. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?
New York City, to visit my cousin and his family and their newborn daughter
43. If you could meet anyone in the world, who would you meet?
44. If you could become famous for one thing, what would that thing be?
45. If you could buy anything regardless of cost, what would you buy?
A nice property in the Alps
46. If you could change any one thing about your country, what would it be?
Not just one thing, but several things, a list to long to post here
47. If you could change any one thing about international politics, what would it be?
Finally make them really start talking about making an end to all wars
48. If you could meet any famous person who is dead, who would it be?
Not a famous person, I would like to meet my dad
49. If you could become dictator of the world, would you?
The world?... Pfft, I don't want the world, I want the universe
50. If you could eat an entire cow at one sitting, would you?
51. Have you ever illegally downloaded music/TV shows/movies from the net?
Of course not *polishes his halo and softly whistles a tune*
52. Have you ever used illegal narcotics (yes, even pot counts if it was illegal at the time)?
53. Have you ever gotten any points on your driving licence?
We donít have that system here... Yet. They are talking about introducing it
54. Have you ever stolen anything from a shop?
55. Have you ever bought alcohol or cigarettes while underage?
Yes, but it wasnít illegal then (this was in the seventies), I often had to buy cigarettes for my father and/or grandfather. Made it me want to smoke? No, canít stand the smell
56. Have you ever bought alcohol or cigarettes for another person who was underage?
57. Have you ever tried to cheat the taxman/social security/other government agency?
National pastime here
58. Have you ever ridden on a train or bus without paying?
59. Have you ever been arrested?
60. Have you ever been charged with a crime ... ?
61. What's the furthest you've ever been from home?
62. Where have you visited that you would like to go back to?
New York City
63. Where would you like to visit that you haven't yet?
64. Where is your favourite place in the world?
In the Netherlands
65. Where have you visited that you hope never to go to again?
66. Where would you definitely never go to?
Anywhere where there is a war on
67. Where is your least favourite place in the world?
Any place hot and humid
68. What is your favourite way to travel?
Plane / Train
69. What is your least favourite way to travel?
70. What is the capital of Assyria?
Assur. The name Assyria was derived from Assur. Glad my history study finally pays off *lol*
71. What was the last movie you saw?
72. Was it any good?
73. What was the last book you read?
Night Watch by Terry Pratchett
74. Was it any good?
75. What was the last song you listened to?
Another one bites the dust by Queen
76. Was it any good?
77. What was the last computer game you played?
Call of Duty 2
78. Did you do well?
Yep, I was victorious
79. What was the last meal you ate?
80. Was it any good?
81. Do you believe in God/Goddess/Gods/Goddesses (delete to suit personal preference)?
Yes, but I have to add that I am a very, very, very progressive Dutch catholic
82. Do you agree with the war in Iraq?
To quote R. E. Lee, "What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world." So to answer your question, No
83. Do you believe in aliens?
I'm not obsessed with aliens. I mean, I'm interested, if you showed me an alien I'd be stunned, and if I had to take a bet on whether there is or there isn't other life in the universe, I'd probably bet that there is. I don't believe that we've been contacted by them.
84. Do you agree with the theory of evolution?
85. Do you believe in reincarnation?
86. Do you agree with the idea of the UN?
87. Do you believe in karma?
88. Do you agree with the theories of man-induced global warming?
89. Do you believe in democracy above all other systems of government?
Democracy is the will of the people. Every morning I read in the paper, to my amazement, what I want now.
90. Do you agree with Freddie Mercury when he sings "Fat-bottomed girls you make the rockin' world go round"?
91. What is your favourite movie?
Lord of the Rings trilogy
92. What is your favourite book?
Lyonesse Trilogy by Jack Vance
93. What is your favourite song?
Time by Pink Floyd
94. What is your favourite city?
New York City & Groningen
95. What is your favourite sport?
96. What is your favourite place in the world?
Home, sweet home
97. Are you glad these questions are almost over?
98. What are you going to do next?
99. Do you anticipate this activity being fun?
100. Give us a quote to end on ...
Iíve got plenty of common sense, I just choose to ignore it.
Post a Followup