Read the rules before you post
Welcome to the rules page of the Fantasy Freaks Forum. This community was created May 30, 1999 with the intention of being a friendly discussion place for various fantasy books, though it is certainly not limited to that topic (check out a brief history of the FFF HERE). We welcome all new members! Most of us know each other very well, which can be intimidating for new members, but don't be scared. We don't practice elitism and we are friendly to newbies--sometimes newbies say we are too friendly! We really enjoy new blood as long as said new blood takes the time to read the rules and follow them. Thanks for your co-operation.
I hope no more rules are necessary, but these are subject to change at any time if I feel they need to.
- No profanity or adult content. This board is rated PG-13. If you're not sure about your post, please e-mail me or ask a regular in the chat for their opinion.
- No flaming. Flaming means insulting other members of this forum. Disagreements and disccusions are encouraged, but only if they are done in an adult manner. I will not tolerate people being made fun of or harassed.
- Include spoiler warnings in posts about books, movies, television shows, ect. This means you should mark your post as "Spoilers for (whatever book)". On the inside you should also include spoiler space. At the top of the post include another warning about spoilers, then pad the post with several spaces so people don't accidently read something they don't want to read.
- No spamming. If you want to post here, that is fine, but please don't come here just to advertise your site. I certainly don't mind regular posters showing off their sites, in fact that is encouraged--just no spamming from one time vistors.
- No imposters! This means stealing someone else's name. If you see that a name is already being used, please come up with a new name. I know it happens accidentally sometimes, and if it does come up then I think the two people involved can work out a compromise. The real problem is when people purposely post or chat under someone else's name. That will not be tolerated, not even as a joke. It simply isn't funny.
- No fan fic! If you are a writer we would love to read your stories if you want to share, however keep your fan fiction to yourself. It violates copyright laws. I also have other philosphical problems with it, but you can ask me about those privately if you really care.
- Basically play nice!
There is also a mailing list we have set up in case of emergencies. It is intended for use when the site is down so we can inform you of where to go or what is going on. It's totally anonymous, so no one but Caly and Louis will see any of the addresses on this list and no one else on the list will be able to mail you through it. You can subscribe or unsubscribe using the box below.
Take me to the Bulletin Board!
All contents of this page are the property of Carrie Badorek, copyright 1999-2003. Nothing on this page may be reproduced without the written permission of the owner of the site.